Using information gathered from the research findings, two personas were created to help with understanding and following the user’s needs.
Persona 1 – Jake
This persona is based on observing the most common age group to enter a Starbucks. Observations showed that of the people that were staying for a longer period of time were college students that came in to study.
Persona 2 – Gretta
A common age group for Starbucks customers is highschool aged teens. This age group is more heavily invested in social media and more likely to share and show off a drink they created.
03. Feature Roadmap
The features are prioritized based on the research findings and what would be the most crucial features to focus on.
- Button to share customized drink via social media or text.
- Colors and style using Starbucks strict guidelines.
- Post previously ordered drink to Starbucks Underground Menu with pic and name.
- Ratings/likes for drinks in Underground Menu.
- Group Order page to share group order code and view order submissions.
- Share group order code via Messenger or text.
Can Come Later Features
- Featured Underground Menu items on the home screen.
- Symbols showing if drinks are dairy-free.
- Special star rewards for drinks ordered on the Underground Menu.
- Special stars if you share a drink.
04. Planning and Wireframes
Now that a solid understanding of the user needs is established, as well as having researched design patterns from similar company sites, the next phase involved laying out a detailed plan for adding the features.
05. Hi-Fidelity Prototype
Using feedback from the wireframes, iterations were made and high-fidelity UI designs were put together using Figma. Colors and fonts were gathered from the Starbucks Patterns Library.